- Them: I don't think kids should be exposed to gay relationships.
- You: Why not?
- Them: It's introducing children to sexuality! They're too young for that!
- You: So when a prince and princess kiss in a Disney movie, are they introduced to sexuality? When the prince and the princess get married and have a child, is that introducing your child to sexuality?
- Them: NO! But if they see a man and a man, or a woman and a woman together... they're going to start asking questions! Like how a man and a man can... you know, do anything together.
- You: You think the only thing people think when they see a gay couple is "I wonder how they have sex"? Furthermore, you think a CHILD is going to even know what that means? When the prince and the princess kiss, does your 4 year old daughter ask, "mommy, how do people have intercourse"? No. She just sees two people in love. If you remember when you were a kid, you probably didn't think about sex every time you saw two people happy together.
- Them: But it'll bring up all kinds of questions, it'll confuse my child!
- You: Then be a fucking parent and explain it to your child. The only question that might be brought up is "mom, why don't you want gay people to be happy?". And when you don't have a good answer for that question, you can look your child in the eye and say "It's because I'm a bigot".
The average audition is 7 minutes and 30 seconds long.
So if you can’t breathe, remember that a human being can hold their breath for over 9 minutes. And if you can’t think, remember that you’ve been alive for 14+ years and that this isn’t going to put an end to that. If you can’t stop shaking, remember that your show will be over 3 minutes longer that what you are about to do. I’m sure you’ve already done shows longer than this.
For 7 minutes and 30 seconds you will simply do what you were trained to do. This is not the hardest thing you will ever do. In fact, you’ll do things even more brutally terrifying after you accomplish this.
So don’t you dare let 7 minutes and 30 seconds hold you back from what you want.